Springtide Ambassadors Program
Springtide Ambassadors Program (SAP) participants directly shape the research efforts and nationwide community engagement of Springtide Research Institute. Through group collaboration and personal reflection, members have a 15-month commitment with a steady, online cohort.
Youth and young adult SAP members will have the opportunity to create and curate original content for The Voices of Young People blog and podcast as well as social media and actively contribute to national research projects and publications with their insights, perspectives, and experiences.
Learn more about what SAP is all about and the benefits of participation in this overview from our Community Engagement Specialist Marte & Intern Norhan
- Firsthand experience with a national nonprofit organization committed to listening to and amplifying the experiences and perspectives of young people.
- Participation in a diverse, highly collaborative group with youth and young adults representing different backgrounds, identities, and regions of the United States.
- Learning within a group of people who share a commitment to building interfaith appreciation and mutual understanding and growing a practice of empathy by understanding your own story and community in light of the stories and experiences of fellow SAP members and their respective communities.
- The opportunity to have your voice heard—with the possibility of contributing to projects including social media, podcasts, blogs, research publications, and more.
- Developing your communication and leadership skills, including individual and group coaching aimed at developing and honing your voice through various platforms: writing, public speaking, media, design, and more.
- The opportunity for bylines, publication, production, or authorship credit across a variety of Springtide resources.
- The opportunity to highlight your participation on resumes and higher education/scholarship applications, including our SAP Coordinator writing a recommendation letter or serving as a reference for any job searches.
- Anyone currently living in the USA or US-territories who will be between the ages of 13 and 23 on January 1, 2021 is welcome and encouraged to submit an online SAP application.
- While being a member of our Springtide Ambassador Program is not a significant time commitment, we do require participants to attend monthly meetings and remain engaged with the work we’re doing throughout the 15-month commitment.
- The 2021 cohort will meet from January 2021 – March 2022 (15 months total) on the second Thursday of the month for 90 minutes total from 8:00pm – 9:30pm EST / 7:00pm – 8:30pm CST / 6:00pm – 7:30pm MST / 5:00pm – 6:30pm PST.
- Participants are required to attend a minimum of 12 of the 15 monthly sessions (3 absences with prior notification sent to SAP Coordinator) and regularly utilize the monthly journaling prompts to organize their ideas and questions.
- There will be a different opportunity each month to opt into a project (sometimes individual and sometimes group-based with fellow SAP members) including co-writing an introduction to a book or research publication, social media takeovers and posts, writing blog posts, podcast recordings, product reviews, online speaking engagements, media interviews, and more. Participants are expected to participate in a minimum of 4 different SAP projects over the course of their 15-month commitment.
- While this is an unpaid volunteer role, SAP participants may complete the program for individual community service/volunteer hours and Springtide can provide confirmation of those hours if needed.
- Springtide is also happy to offer guidance on how SAP participants can list this experience on resumes or higher education applications in addition to serving as a reference for job applications or in writing recommendation letters for scholarships, continuing education opportunities, etc.
SAP applicants are primarily evaluated by their short-answer responses, and if needed, through a follow-up phone interview.If selected to participate, the next step of the process will be to submit a personal photo of just you to be used on our website and Springtide social media (a personal headshot or one taken on your phone withoutdoor lighting is ideal, with someone else taking the photo of you, rather than a selfie or cropped image).You can prepare that now if you don’t already have such an image of yourself.
- Tuesday, December 1: Deadline to Submit Online Applications by 11:59pm PST.
- Wednesday, December 2 – Friday, December 4: All applications are reviewed.
- Monday, December 7: Applicants are contacted via email regarding their acceptance status.
- Monday, December 14: All signed SAP participation agreements and individual photos from accepted applicants must be received by 11:59pm PST.
- Tuesday, December 15: 2021 SAP cohort is finalized and announced on the Springtide website.
For any questions regarding the Springtide Ambassadors Program application process, 15-month commitment, or participant expectations, please email our Community Engagement Specialist and SAP Coordinator Marte at: firstname.lastname@example.org